MidWales Modified
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MidWales Modified

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

r.i.p max power!

Go down 
+6
claymore
20v-turbo
kee21
PINGU
silentdice
asbo
10 posters
AuthorMessage
asbo
asbo

Kudos : 26

r.i.p max power! Empty
PostSubject: r.i.p max power!   r.i.p max power! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 5:55 am

as some of you may have heard.. max power are stopping printing issues of there monthly magazine as of febuary next year!

posted on there facebook page 3 hours ago:

Max Power: Breaking news: The February issue of Max Power, on sale 12th January 2011, will be the last issue in its current guise. It will be a collectable super-sized issue celebrating modifying. As a big finale for the monthly mag it will embrace all that is great within our scene. This will be an event that’s not to be missed.
The Max Power brand will be kept alive in the future with a series of “one shots” and specials

sad times indeed,
i think a lot of us here wouldnt be into the modified scene if it wasnt for max P,
im sure most of us have had young teenage dreams of appering in the pages with out own motor one day, and its presence has kept the scene going for 18 years now!
from back in the days of dimma kitted 205s and renault 5 gt turbos with lairy paintjobs and oversized wheels, all the way up to the present day with the more cleaned subtle stuff,

there is already talk of a max power memorial cruise among cruisers on facebook
and tbh, i personaly think we owe it to them, as they have given us so much inspiration and featured some great cars over the past 18 years

its the end of an era indeed!

r.i.p. max power
Back to top Go down
silentdice
silentdice

Kudos : 107

r.i.p max power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: r.i.p max power!   r.i.p max power! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:02 am

As much as I sometimes take the piss out of Max Power, its sad that its stopping.

I doubt that'll be the last of it thought, they're probably going through hard times.

How many people have stopped buying magazines since recession and shit? I used to buy retro cars and whichever modding magazine had something nice on that month, but now its very rare I'll buy one.
Back to top Go down
asbo
asbo

r.i.p max power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: r.i.p max power!   r.i.p max power! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:13 am

i always buy max p and fastcar
have done since about 2005 i think

apparently bauer automotive media have gone bust or something
or refused to print anymore max powers
Back to top Go down
PINGU
Spam bot
Spam bot
PINGU

Kudos : 33

r.i.p max power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: r.i.p max power!   r.i.p max power! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 11:45 am

im really gutted about this, ive bout it for as long as i can remember!! really hope they do this cruise tho, that will an absolute monster of a cruise!!
Back to top Go down
kee21
Getting Started
Getting Started

Kudos : 7

r.i.p max power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: r.i.p max power!   r.i.p max power! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 1:11 am

True dat, even if you don't like the style of that week's particular cover car, there's generally something for everyone there. End of an era indeed, i ain't on facebook so keep us posted on the cruise?
Back to top Go down
asbo
asbo

r.i.p max power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: r.i.p max power!   r.i.p max power! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 1:46 am

will do .. i thin kwe owe it to them to attend..?
there wouldnt be fuck all of a modified scene with out them tbh

even people who aint into cars.. you mention max power.. they know exactly what ur on about straight away thats how big this brand was
Back to top Go down
20v-turbo
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
20v-turbo

Kudos : 8

r.i.p max power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: r.i.p max power!   r.i.p max power! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 4:21 am

i liked max power, but wen i was 12 lol it was allways 2 chavy, big body kits flashy audio and all tht :/

prefered redline as it was more facts and performance

but now i only buy PVW and Golf Plus lol
Back to top Go down
claymore
claymore

Kudos : 9

r.i.p max power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: r.i.p max power!   r.i.p max power! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 5:21 am

glad to see the back of it, all it did was make chavs think they could make there 1.1 corsa/saxo's (sorry asbo, not directed at you) look like show cars, good ridance.
Back to top Go down
PINGU
Spam bot
Spam bot
PINGU

Kudos : 33

r.i.p max power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: r.i.p max power!   r.i.p max power! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 5:40 am

ye but thats what as best about it, if you had a 1.1 that looked the muts then they'd welcome that kinda stuff , because its what youngsters cud afford, im sure if they cud afford to completely change the appearance and power of a lets say skyline , then they would, thats the reason i whent off redline , cuz they stopped featuring cars that 95% of the public could afford
Back to top Go down
silentdice
silentdice

r.i.p max power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: r.i.p max power!   r.i.p max power! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 6:02 am

I thought redline was crap, I bought one for suspension setup explained: they put on two aftermarket sets of coilies and gave track times, no explaining or anything. Just lots of babble.
Back to top Go down
vee_dub_vento
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
vee_dub_vento

r.i.p max power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: r.i.p max power!   r.i.p max power! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 7:16 am

but max power is getting shitter and thinner i remember back when i 1st stating buying them bout 4 years ago they was thick as fuck
Back to top Go down
tombombvw
tombombvw

Kudos : 30

r.i.p max power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: r.i.p max power!   r.i.p max power! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 1:27 am

20v-turbo wrote:

prefered redline as it was more facts and performance

but now i only buy PVW and Golf Plus lol

this tbh, did buy the odd max power but not for a while now
Back to top Go down
http://www.bomberaudio.co.uk
charnock
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
charnock

Kudos : 45

r.i.p max power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: r.i.p max power!   r.i.p max power! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 5:23 am

r.i.p max power! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSZNS6r5dpKVdHQiKwELqSjP-KQb-59udVJ7zcOVVTYo4BYZZXbw
woo! this picture shows my enthoosiasm for no more max power and maybe less modifucked cars.
Back to top Go down
http://www.harrycharnock.co.uk
vee_dub_vento
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
vee_dub_vento

r.i.p max power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: r.i.p max power!   r.i.p max power! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 12:20 pm

chav-ness has finally died so they got no material 2 write up on
Back to top Go down
silentdice
silentdice

r.i.p max power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: r.i.p max power!   r.i.p max power! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 12:45 pm

Chavness will never die out, there'll always be someone making horrible modifications. Max power wasn't too bad tbh
Back to top Go down
vee_dub_vento
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
vee_dub_vento

r.i.p max power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: r.i.p max power!   r.i.p max power! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 12:17 am

you could tell it was going down hill i rekon
Back to top Go down
GJH
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic

Kudos : 22

r.i.p max power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: r.i.p max power!   r.i.p max power! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 12:16 am

Doesn't matter what you think about it, it was for a while the largest selling car magazine (280,000 copies a month at one point) in the country and pretty much created the car scene in this country, everybody knows what max power is it was that large. Don't buy it often as its expensive to get all the time but I have a few issues of it, and I will be getting the last, a sad day for the car scene.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

r.i.p max power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: r.i.p max power!   r.i.p max power! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

r.i.p max power!
Page 1 of 1