MidWales Modified
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MidWales Modified

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Ford bug strikes again!!

Go down 
+2
Lucasdemoley
kee21
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kee21
Getting Started
Getting Started

Kudos : 7

The Ford bug strikes again!! Empty
PostSubject: The Ford bug strikes again!!   The Ford bug strikes again!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 2:51 am

After thinking i'd got most of the niggly problems out of the way (brakes, rusty floors, blown gearbox, etc) my car died on christmas eve. Found out yesterday that i've somehow cracked the head?! On the lookout for a donor engine/head if anyone knows of one? Also, THINKING about selling up, probably won't happen but watch this space haha
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

Kudos : 4

PostSubject: Re: The Ford bug strikes again!!   The Ford bug strikes again!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:34 am

What engine/ car? I have a 2.0 engine + head you could try. Can have it FOC
Back to top Go down
asbo
asbo

Kudos : 26

PostSubject: Re: The Ford bug strikes again!!   The Ford bug strikes again!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 5:14 am

died on xmas eve!!!
omg and me =)
Back to top Go down
silentdice
silentdice

Kudos : 107

PostSubject: Re: The Ford bug strikes again!!   The Ford bug strikes again!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 5:35 am

Si, you helped yours along Wink
Back to top Go down
Russ
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
Russ

PostSubject: Re: The Ford bug strikes again!!   The Ford bug strikes again!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 8:08 am

Kee, you missed an epic Mk6 RS2000 4x4 on eaby the other day, £900, will be relisted soon i hope with a 12month MOT, if i come across it i'll send you the link

there were only ever 500 of the 4wheel drive versions around, yes there are problems with the transfer boxes, but as long as you service them religiously they should be ok
Car came with a spare rear axle and either transfer box or diff
Back to top Go down
PINGU
Spam bot
Spam bot
PINGU

Kudos : 33

PostSubject: Re: The Ford bug strikes again!!   The Ford bug strikes again!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 9:01 am

think he just wants the same engine so he can get bck on the road
Back to top Go down
kee21
Getting Started
Getting Started

Kudos : 7

PostSubject: Re: The Ford bug strikes again!!   The Ford bug strikes again!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 2:22 am

Cheers russ & lucas, i mite look at the mk6, if i can haggle i mite buy another rs just for thrashing. It's a 1991 rs2000 i4 engine, got a head on the way now but will never have enough spares for this car!
Back to top Go down
Russ
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
Russ

PostSubject: Re: The Ford bug strikes again!!   The Ford bug strikes again!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:29 am

what did the head set you back??

why not have it ported and polsihed while it's off, clean ur engine internals up a bit, get rid of any carbon build up, clean the bores etc

Did that to my mk6 when it's headgasket got bored of it's job one night into aberaeron and let the coolant come out to play
mug of petrol and a paint brush, job was a good'un
as for cleaning the face of the head and block, i ended up using an oil stone, was gleaming afterwards. smear of red hermetite on the block face, and head face, headgasket inbetween and bolted it up, ran beautifully after lol

COUGHpistonsCOUGH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ford bug strikes again!!   The Ford bug strikes again!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ford bug strikes again!!
Page 1 of 1