MidWales Modified
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MidWales Modified

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

broken sump plug!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PINGU
Spam bot
Spam bot
PINGU

Kudos : 33

broken sump plug! Empty
PostSubject: broken sump plug!   broken sump plug! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 5:43 am

rite the reason my sump plug wont tighten properly is coz ive snaped part of it in the thread whole! ive searched the net for answers and found a dude with an e46 that had done exactly what i done, he managed to get the broken part out with a bolt extractor as its a hollow bolt, ive found these , are they the sort of thing i need to get the remeinding bolt out?? thank you
http://www.sourcingmap.com/piece-damaged-screw-remover-broken-bolt-extractor-kit-p-24655.html?currency=GBP&utm_source=google&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=ukfroogle
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

Kudos : 30

broken sump plug! Empty
PostSubject: Re: broken sump plug!   broken sump plug! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 5:54 am

dunno, but to save buying a new sump plug, just stick a spark plug in there Smile jobeth doneth
Back to top Go down
PINGU
Spam bot
Spam bot
PINGU

broken sump plug! Empty
PostSubject: Re: broken sump plug!   broken sump plug! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 5:59 am

plugging it up isnt the problem, removing the broken one is!!! its in there know and its holding, just lil drips bt it needs doing properly
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

broken sump plug! Empty
PostSubject: Re: broken sump plug!   broken sump plug! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 9:27 am

is it a sump plug that u put an allen key into, or a socket round?

i dont understand how its broken?
Back to top Go down
PINGU
Spam bot
Spam bot
PINGU

broken sump plug! Empty
PostSubject: Re: broken sump plug!   broken sump plug! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 9:34 am

its a hollow bolt lad, think its rusted or corroded!! its ok nw ive spoken to a few people and ive ordered the bolt extractors and a new plug so shud be sorted as soon as i get em , ill post some pics up
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

broken sump plug! Empty
PostSubject: Re: broken sump plug!   broken sump plug! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:05 am

a hollow bolt? so it leaks oil all the time? im well confused lol
Back to top Go down
asbo
asbo

Kudos : 26

broken sump plug! Empty
PostSubject: Re: broken sump plug!   broken sump plug! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:24 am

buy a knew sump and plug if i was you pal.. just incase you x threaded them both
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

broken sump plug! Empty
PostSubject: Re: broken sump plug!   broken sump plug! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

broken sump plug!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MidWales Modified :: Cars :: Technical Help-
Jump to: