MidWales Modified
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MidWales Modified

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

push button start.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
soc

Kudos : 2

push button start. Empty
PostSubject: push button start.   push button start. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 4:02 am

since i have no steering lock (car stolen before past owner)

im thinking it would be a cool mod to do, anyone here done this? again got a wiring diagram, i kno theres loads out there but if i can talk to some1 rather than read it it helps me Smile

do i by pass my imobiliser or keep it just in case.. Razz
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

Kudos : 4

push button start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: push button start.   push button start. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 5:18 am

Lol, hmmm, I've no steering lock so lets put push start to make it easier to nick!

Soz.

No idea how to wire up, but would personaly also install a kill switch to the fuse pump just incase.
Back to top Go down
Russ
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
Russ

Kudos : 4

push button start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: push button start.   push button start. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 5:40 am

no, dont by pass the immobiliser.

i'd set it so that you have to flick the ignition on with the key and then hit the button.
whilst your ignition lights come on, your ignition key is checked for the correct transponder in the key to deactivate the immobiliser
Back to top Go down
silentdice
silentdice

Kudos : 107

push button start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: push button start.   push button start. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 5:52 am

I guess you're interested in the novelty of getting into the car, and not having to use a key at all?

Sounds a bad idea if someone wants to steal your car... but you dont haveto use your key... sounds good to me!
Back to top Go down
tombombvw
tombombvw

Kudos : 30

push button start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: push button start.   push button start. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 6:31 am

tis easy enought to do, had a push button in my mk2, had to have the key in with ignition on for it to start/run, but that could easily be bi passed with a switch
Back to top Go down
http://www.bomberaudio.co.uk
soc

push button start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: push button start.   push button start. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 10:34 am

the imobiliser is a little connector thing tha i have to complete a circuit for it to turn off, id keep the remote central lockin, but my key only works for ignition an the barrel spins most of the time and doesnt work doors or boot.. Thought it would be a novelty.

Thought of wiring ignition to a switch then push button to start.... Smile
wa u think?
Back to top Go down
tombombvw
tombombvw

push button start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: push button start.   push button start. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 1:12 am

its easy, just need to find what the wires do and go from there, and if thats how ur immob works then id keep it...just incase
Back to top Go down
soc

push button start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: push button start.   push button start. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 2:36 am

thanks tom, im guna have a look under the steering column area this weekend and see what i need to do. there are some threads about it but thought it would be smthing nice to ask on here if any1 had experience of this. basically my key is on its last legs (little bent) so its probably easyer to do this than get another key/barell and it'll look better Smile
Back to top Go down
tombombvw
tombombvw

push button start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: push button start.   push button start. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 2:47 am

well usually there are 5 wires under there, on a basic setup anyway, constant live, earth, starter, ignition and dash. But alsi in your case two or more wires going to the imobilisor. all it needs is the ignition/dash controlls joined to the the earth via a switch, then a button going from the constant live to the starter

Make sure to fuse it all and use thick enough wire or you will see smoke
Back to top Go down
soc

push button start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: push button start.   push button start. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 2:49 am

sweet. thanks bud. Smile
Back to top Go down
soc

push button start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: push button start.   push button start. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 9:43 pm

pay day so just been shopping Smile

bought
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170594196249&ssPageName=STRK:MEBOFFX:IT

and a switch for the dash lights Smile

looking forward to attempting this Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

push button start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: push button start.   push button start. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

push button start.
Page 1 of 1