MidWales Modified
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MidWales Modified

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

6x9 speakers

Go down 
+2
tombombvw
welsh_decs
6 posters
AuthorMessage
welsh_decs
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
welsh_decs

Kudos : 8

6x9 speakers Empty
PostSubject: 6x9 speakers   6x9 speakers Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 7:26 pm

any recomendations i have jbl ones but they are dogshit so any advice on which ones to purchase would be brill ta
Back to top Go down
tombombvw
tombombvw

Kudos : 30

6x9 speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6x9 speakers   6x9 speakers Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 12:01 am

whats your budget fella?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bomberaudio.co.uk
welsh_decs
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
welsh_decs

6x9 speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6x9 speakers   6x9 speakers Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 2:14 am

well any really
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

Kudos : 4

6x9 speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6x9 speakers   6x9 speakers Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 3:50 am

Don't get 6x9's, they are just not needed. Get a set of decent componens up front and a sub in the boot. I did go the route of 6x9s and 6.5" triaxle speakers and 5.5" triaxle speakers but soon binned them for a single set of components and it was much better.

Anyway, if you are insistent on getting 6x9's we really need to know your budget, as do you want to spend £200 on a set or £20? Hopefully you will be powering them with an amp, so go for some well branded stuff, forget the likes of splx or any of that crap, something like pionner or vibe will be ok.
Back to top Go down
welsh_decs
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
welsh_decs

6x9 speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6x9 speakers   6x9 speakers Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:18 am

ok kool i so what about just putting some like 6" round speakers in the parcel shelf
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

6x9 speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6x9 speakers   6x9 speakers Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:40 am

yeh you could, but what you need to remember is that music sounds the best comming from infront of you, so money is better spent upgrading your front speakers and or adding an amp to them than fitting extra speakers in the back. If its cos you have mates in the car and you just want something abit louder and dont want to go to the exspense of a sub then yeh 6x9's will be ok, but as said if you already have a sub then relaly dont bother.

What is your current system?
Back to top Go down
silentdice
silentdice

Kudos : 107

6x9 speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6x9 speakers   6x9 speakers Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:46 am

hmmm... im interested in this thread, coz the audio in my car is shit.

I considered some 6x9s or 6" speakers in the parcel shelf - my thinking was that i wanted a fuller sound - speakers are clear enough, but are tinny and i want a fuller sound with a little more bass too - the door speakers are tiny, so i thought larger speakers in the back would give more bass, and help give a larger sound - would that help?

In my car theres absoloutely no chance of getting an amp or a subwoofer.

(sorry for hijacking thread)
Back to top Go down
asbo
asbo

Kudos : 26

6x9 speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6x9 speakers   6x9 speakers Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 5:12 am

mick just bang some speakers in your door.. try halfords speaker wall
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

6x9 speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6x9 speakers   6x9 speakers Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 5:17 am

Are you able to install larger speakers in the front, even if it means making custom pods? The main reason for not having 6x9's is that, if your running a sub, they are not really adding anything more to the system.

Have you considered underchair activesubs. They are abit of money but slot under the car seat. Other option is to put in a smaller sub, like an 8 inch sub in the boot. If you have a parcel shelf I assume you must have form of boot?

Again, there is a third option, you can get 'freeair' subs, which are subs that can be installed in the parcel shelf. Won't sound as great as one mounted in a box, but will deffo add abit of bass to the system. Amp to this can just be mounted under the parcel shelf. Again, not perfect, but can be done.

People normaly do 6x9's because, for £50 you add abit more 'noise' to your system, but for a little more outlay you could amp a set of 'ok' front components, which will sound imo far better. Remember that the output from the head unit is quite low, normaly like 11watts or so, so even a cheap amp chucking out 50wrms per channel and components that are like 40watts will sound better than 70wrms 6x9s becuase they have the power to drive them.
Back to top Go down
silentdice
silentdice

6x9 speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6x9 speakers   6x9 speakers Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 5:44 am

The parcel shelf I have is very minimal lol - I can only use select parts of it, that i might fit 1 maybe 2 6x9s into it... the rest has the petrol tank in the way. The boot is tiny, and its important that I keep room for a spare wheel in there.

The space under my seat is large enough to fit a mobile phone under, but too small to fit a hand under to get it back out again. lol

I dont particularly want to be cutting bigger holes in my door, and I haveto find something with some sort of waterproofing on it too, as the doors let in water (this is standard, the original speakers have a waterproofing over the back too).

Cheers for the info though.

Back on topic - I don't wanna steal Decs thread!
Back to top Go down
welsh_decs
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
welsh_decs

6x9 speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6x9 speakers   6x9 speakers Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 7:07 am

don't worry its all advice that i am taking in lol just want to add volume to the car not more bass have a sub and amp in the boot i would just like a bit more volume
Back to top Go down
welsh_decs
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
welsh_decs

6x9 speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6x9 speakers   6x9 speakers Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 7:07 am

don't worry its all advice that i am taking in lol just want to add volume to the car not more bass have a sub and amp in the boot i would just like a bit more volume
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

6x9 speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6x9 speakers   6x9 speakers Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 9:21 am

Well if you already have a sub no point in 6x9's as any bass produced by them should be coming from the sub. Are your front speakers aftermarket and are they amped? doing that will make a big difference. ALso, how have you set up your system? Turning everything to max will not get you the loudest output and will creat a poorer sound quality.

Ask Geth, I messed around with his system and got it working a hell of alot louder using the same gear, but changing the settings. If you neeed any info on how to do that just ask.
Back to top Go down
GJH
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic

Kudos : 22

6x9 speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6x9 speakers   6x9 speakers Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 10:17 am

What exactly is wrong with jbl? I thought their stuff was meant to be ok.
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

6x9 speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6x9 speakers   6x9 speakers Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 10:50 am

Did anyone mention jbl? Not my prefered gear but is ok.
Back to top Go down
silentdice
silentdice

6x9 speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6x9 speakers   6x9 speakers Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 10:57 am

Lucasdemoley wrote:
Did anyone mention jbl? Not my prefered gear but is ok.

welsh_decs wrote:
any recomendations i have jbl ones but they are dogshit so any advice on which ones to purchase would be brill ta

lol
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

6x9 speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6x9 speakers   6x9 speakers Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 11:01 pm

I know, just noticed, totaly did not read the first post of the thread properly!

JBL are better than SPLx etc, bigger named brands are better.
Back to top Go down
tombombvw
tombombvw

Kudos : 30

6x9 speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6x9 speakers   6x9 speakers Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 5:18 am

depends, you can get jbl speakers that cost £200+ that are the dogs danglies

well my mk3 golf had 145db of bass...and only speakers in the doors, which amped gave plenty of sound to keep up with the bass, its all about how you set it up. £30 will get you some half decient speakers for the doors, and about the same for an ok amp second hand to run them. Also Id run separate tweeters in the A pillars rather than coaxles.

As said 6x9s are pointless if you have a sub.

And mickey you can make any speaker waterproof, il show you how
Back to top Go down
http://www.bomberaudio.co.uk
GJH
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic

Kudos : 22

6x9 speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6x9 speakers   6x9 speakers Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 9:42 am

I see, I was looking at some of the more expensive range, like £5k for a 7,500 watt amp. Worth like 15 times more than my car.
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

6x9 speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6x9 speakers   6x9 speakers Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 11:16 am

^^^ Personaly I would go for Hifonic amps, Like 5krms for £1,000. Just get two, more power and save yourself some cash for subs, lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

6x9 speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6x9 speakers   6x9 speakers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6x9 speakers
Page 1 of 1