MidWales Modified
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MidWales Modified

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

lazers to replace spark plugs?

Go down 
+3
asbo
PINGU
Crease
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

Kudos : 30

lazers to replace spark plugs? Empty
PostSubject: lazers to replace spark plugs?   lazers to replace spark plugs? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 8:29 am

Clickety click

a load of old tosh imo, spark plugs work just fine, if it aint broke, dont fix it...
Back to top Go down
PINGU
Spam bot
Spam bot
PINGU

Kudos : 33

PostSubject: Re: lazers to replace spark plugs?   lazers to replace spark plugs? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 8:35 am

im on the fence on this
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

PostSubject: Re: lazers to replace spark plugs?   lazers to replace spark plugs? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 8:40 am

on the fence? what if one of the lazer things break? then its guranteed to be a 3figure sum to fix it, rather than a few quid from a parts place?
Back to top Go down
asbo
asbo

Kudos : 26

PostSubject: Re: lazers to replace spark plugs?   lazers to replace spark plugs? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 10:57 pm

yeah can see the + side..
but as crease said .. if they go wrong .. ur gunna need to sell your kindeys
Back to top Go down
silentdice
silentdice

Kudos : 107

PostSubject: Re: lazers to replace spark plugs?   lazers to replace spark plugs? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:59 pm

Lazers are dangerous.

lazers to replace spark plugs? LAZOR
Back to top Go down
tombombvw
tombombvw

PostSubject: Re: lazers to replace spark plugs?   lazers to replace spark plugs? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 12:18 am

lol at the pic!

but ye seems sill and expencive when sparks work fine!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bomberaudio.co.uk
PINGU
Spam bot
Spam bot
PINGU

Kudos : 33

PostSubject: Re: lazers to replace spark plugs?   lazers to replace spark plugs? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 3:11 am

true, theres pros and cons to everyhting when it comes to changing a popular "design" , if they can find a way to make replacing the part cheap then ill be all for it
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

PostSubject: Re: lazers to replace spark plugs?   lazers to replace spark plugs? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 5:45 am

sell a kidney? what kidneys? ive had to sell mine for stupid road tax & petrol prices

i think its a ludricus idea tbh!
Back to top Go down
asbo
asbo

PostSubject: Re: lazers to replace spark plugs?   lazers to replace spark plugs? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 6:22 am

ive had to sell mine for stupid road tax & petrol prices

this
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

Kudos : 4

PostSubject: Re: lazers to replace spark plugs?   lazers to replace spark plugs? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 7:43 pm

Looks like a good thing to me. Complaining abot cost of repairing it, well, new bits on cars are always gettting more pricey to repair as they become more tecnologicaly advanced. Its abit like complaining that a car has an air bag because it will be expensive fix if it goes wrong (any you do have to fix them for mot).
Back to top Go down
Sith
Sith

Kudos : 56

PostSubject: Re: lazers to replace spark plugs?   lazers to replace spark plugs? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 7:56 pm

hmm, yes lazers can be split up and used to ignite fuel vapour, however, the lazer has to hit something to heat it, and the way i see it it'll be heating part of the piston, unless they aim it at a replaceable element of some form then over time the primary ignition areas will start hot spotting and i reckon over time it could lead to piston damage.
Back to top Go down
silentdice
silentdice

Kudos : 107

PostSubject: Re: lazers to replace spark plugs?   lazers to replace spark plugs? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 8:05 pm

Lucasdemoley wrote:
Looks like a good thing to me. Complaining abot cost of repairing it, well, new bits on cars are always gettting more pricey to repair as they become more tecnologicaly advanced. Its abit like complaining that a car has an air bag because it will be expensive fix if it goes wrong (any you do have to fix them for mot).

Airbags? I dont even have ABS. Keep it simple, 4 wheels and a big box of explosions.
Back to top Go down
asbo
asbo

PostSubject: Re: lazers to replace spark plugs?   lazers to replace spark plugs? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:25 pm

airbags?
i got shocks and springs..do the job perfectly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lazers to replace spark plugs?   lazers to replace spark plugs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lazers to replace spark plugs?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MidWales Modified :: Non Cars :: General Chat-
Jump to: