MidWales Modified
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MidWales Modified

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Any suggestions?

Go down 
+5
asbo
dyf
Sith
tombombvw
silentdice
9 posters
AuthorMessage
silentdice
silentdice

Kudos : 107

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 1:14 am

I've recently been thinking about getting my '5 on a track in a forwards fashion as opposed to sideways, but it sounds like its gonna be expensive.

Does anyone know of any affordable tracks? Would be cool to get a small group of us to a track just on a 'for fun' kinda thing. I'm not really into racing anyone, but more just wanting to safely learn how much grip my car has.

Anyway... any ideas?
Back to top Go down
tombombvw
tombombvw

Kudos : 30

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 1:50 am

the way id be looking into it is at alot of the shows, tends to be about £25-£30 for about 15 min of track time or £90-£150 for a day pass iirc
Back to top Go down
http://www.bomberaudio.co.uk
silentdice
silentdice

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 2:10 am

I'm thinking of looking into small tracks, tracks at shows are likely to be more expensive maybe? A friend of a friend once mentioned to me about a track you could hire out for the day for cheap and once you've got 10 people there its buggar all, but I cant remember the name of it lol.

Pembrey drift track costs £55 for a day, and I think thats more than reasonable for the seat time you get.
Back to top Go down
Sith
Sith

Kudos : 56

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 2:13 am

i'd never do a track event at a show tbh.

you get a lot of idiots who've never been on a track, they tend to pack too many drivers on and it all gets a bit silly IME. Plus you're paying over the odds for time on track. contact some tracks and chat with them. most run track days frequently with sessions for novices specifically set aside. Rather than say rockingham or similar where it's just a case of "oh yeah, let these 20 people on no matter what the differing skill levels"
Back to top Go down
dyf
Getting Started
Getting Started
dyf

Kudos : 1

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 3:14 am

crazy 8 2011 ...£500 odd prize money too....so could end up in a free days racing
Back to top Go down
asbo
asbo

Kudos : 26

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 4:53 am

best bet is to talk to jamie mol.. he has done a few himself.. so speak to him about organising another one

ime the show track times i been on at donny and silverstone were awsome fun
aslong as u do as instructed and be wary of faster cars cumin up bhind u and pull in for them .. ull be fine
Back to top Go down
silentdice
silentdice

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 4:57 am

Dyf, isnt crazy 8 a banger rally?
Back to top Go down
PINGU
Spam bot
Spam bot
PINGU

Kudos : 33

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 5:12 am

silentdice wrote:
I'm thinking of looking into small tracks, tracks at shows are likely to be more expensive maybe? A friend of a friend once mentioned to me about a track you could hire out for the day for cheap and once you've got 10 people there its buggar all, but I cant remember the name of it lol.

Pembrey drift track costs £55 for a day, and I think thats more than reasonable for the seat time you get.
llanddaw???
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 5:18 am

my mate knows a guy who works at ty croes?

worth an ask? or will i get shot down in a blazing fireball like i did when suggesting the evO?
Back to top Go down
silentdice
silentdice

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 5:39 am

Dont be a woman crease Razz
Back to top Go down
asbo
asbo

Kudos : 26

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 6:19 am

dude, i said yes to a whip round the evo
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 6:20 am

lol, i was joking matey Razz
<3
Back to top Go down
silentdice
silentdice

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 6:32 am

Si, pick up some tampons from work before we get to creases house yea?
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 6:50 am

lmfao!
Back to top Go down
dyf
Getting Started
Getting Started
dyf

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:16 am

silentdice wrote:
Dyf, isnt crazy 8 a banger rally?

yeah .....gotta last 8 hours tho so banger bit is not relevant

getting this much air to me beats raggin my own car round a track (not that i wouldnt love to in the civic) and maybe brakin it then more cost coz it would have to be flat out all the way round

Any suggestions? Untitl10

Any suggestions? Untitl11
Back to top Go down
silentdice
silentdice

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:26 am

As fun as that looks, I dont have a spare car, or anywhere to put a spare car lol.

I might try my own version of it, Its called stealing cars and taking them up the forrestry Razz
Back to top Go down
dyf
Getting Started
Getting Started
dyf

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:30 am

im in 4 that 2 ....when Any suggestions? 709208
Back to top Go down
silentdice
silentdice

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:33 am

Tell you what, you get the fingerprints on the car, then come pick me up in Lampeter, and I'll drive it up the forrestry? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dyf
Getting Started
Getting Started
dyf

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:38 am

got ur hair off the helmet you tried on .....im allways carefull Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sith
Sith

Kudos : 56

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:41 am

crazy 8 rules?
Back to top Go down
silentdice
silentdice

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:41 am

hahaha!
Back to top Go down
dyf
Getting Started
Getting Started
dyf

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:49 am

Sith wrote:
crazy 8 rules?

any fwd or rwd car/van no 4x4
min h frame or full cage if taking passengers
harnesses
no glass
must have mesh front stoneguard for front window
rest is up 2 u i.e sumpguard ect
up 2 8 in a team max
Back to top Go down
jamiemol
Noob
Noob

Kudos : 0

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 6:43 am

llandow is a good cheap track not overly wide for a beginner but for the money you cant go wrong looks like an oval but there are some nice tight sections around bus stop http://www.llandow.com/ its also fairly close (within a couple of hours)

if you were looking to spend a bit more silverstone and anglesey are good tracks as they a quite wide lots of run off etc...anglesey is a great circuit i loved every minute on track there only problem i found was on the full gp circuit the bigger cars could get away on certain straighter sections of the circuit in the tighter sections i was keeping up with caterhams astra vxrs clio sports etc...

BOOKING:
llandow have there own site as in link above, for other track days id use http://www.circuit-days.co.uk/ they are great with them i have found you get no bullying out on track the day ran smoothly also they offer free tuition it does say on there site further tuition you have to pay but they are more then happy for one of them to sit in with you for a 20/30min session always go for tuition best thing you can do at a trackday if you do book with them drop me a pm and ill give you a 10% discount code Wink

some anglesey pics:

Any suggestions? DSC_0025

Any suggestions? DSC_0086

Any suggestions? DSC_0115

Any suggestions? DSC_0148

Any suggestions? DSC_0190

Any suggestions? DSC_0677

Any suggestions? DSC_0678

Back to top Go down
tombombvw
tombombvw

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 6:55 am

ah cheers for the input, just the info we need!

Also welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bomberaudio.co.uk
sean
sean

Kudos : 2

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 9:14 am

castle combe is a good track for handeling only one realy big strait but its got a nasty bujmp in it so id advise not hitting it its not fun when ur flat out and the car feals all funny. think at the rsoc days its normaly about 100 - 150£ and it is a good track would have said donnington but thats fucked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any suggestions?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MidWales Modified :: Events :: Track Days-
Jump to: