MidWales Modified
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MidWales Modified

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Boot install

Go down 
+2
asbo
Vauxy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Vauxy
Noob
Noob

Kudos : 0

Boot install Empty
PostSubject: Boot install   Boot install Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 8:23 am

where would i start with a full boot install in by bm??subs screens all that shit!anyone built one before??
Back to top Go down
asbo
asbo

Kudos : 26

Boot install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot install   Boot install Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 9:01 am

futureshock

hit them up on facebook mate..
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

Kudos : 4

Boot install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot install   Boot install Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:52 pm

Are you looking to build it yourself or get a company to do it for you?

What sort of budget do you have and do you want it to be expandable in the future?

Do you have a head unit (cd player) atm or any audio gear?

I am happy to help/ give advice as needed. I also just so happen to have some subs, amp, cd player and a crap load of cabling and other odds and sods I'm considering parting with.
Back to top Go down
Vauxy
Noob
Noob

Kudos : 0

Boot install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot install   Boot install Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 8:52 am

gona have a go myself and just build it up over time!but dont no wer to start!spare wheels under the boot floor so it would have to have a false floor to access the spare!havent got much of a budget so just wanted to know wat i build it out of really i guessd like mdf and fibreglass??
Back to top Go down
GJH
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic

Kudos : 22

Boot install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot install   Boot install Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 2:03 am

Ditch the spare wheel and get a can of tyre weld. That will be enough to get it through the mot.
Back to top Go down
silentdice
silentdice

Kudos : 107

Boot install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot install   Boot install Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 9:48 am

Tyreweld only works on small punctures like if you go over a nail...

I struggle with space in my mx5, so I considered it - but then I haven't had a puncture yet that could have been fixed with tyre weld... I've had the tyre come off the rim, I've had a chipping jam itself into my tyre and make a bit hole, and ive gone over a rock with my wheel that sliced it right open (it was my tyre or my sump, I chose my tyre).
Back to top Go down
OcaToro

Kudos : 9

Boot install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot install   Boot install Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 9:40 am

that "chipping" puncture was possibly the best puncture i've ever seen
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

Kudos : 4

Boot install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot install   Boot install Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 6:26 pm

Vauxy wrote:
gona have a go myself and just build it up over time!but dont no wer to start!spare wheels under the boot floor so it would have to have a false floor to access the spare!havent got much of a budget so just wanted to know wat i build it out of really i guessd like mdf and fibreglass??

For a first install just build yourself a simple box out of 18mm MDF, making sure its sealed properly. Don't bother trying to port it at home built ported boxes never really work that well in my exsperience, unless you really know what you are doing, which most people dont. This box can just sit in your boot and you dont need to worry about making a false floor.

Have a look on ebay/ free adds, you can pick up cheap ok quality sub/amp packages which will get you started ok.
Back to top Go down
silentdice
silentdice

Kudos : 107

Boot install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot install   Boot install Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 8:24 pm

There must be guides online too if you google it?

I usualy like to read a few different guides on something new before I give it a go
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Boot install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot install   Boot install Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boot install
Page 1 of 1