MidWales Modified
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MidWales Modified

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hello everyone

Go down 
+5
Crease
tombombvw
silentdice
asbo
jacktheripper
9 posters
AuthorMessage
jacktheripper
Noob
Noob
jacktheripper

Kudos : 0

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 3:24 am

My name is Dean I am from West Wales and I know a few of you vaguely but mostly I know Mickey. I don't drive (not due to a horrific disability, just chose not to) but I am sort of interested in cars and photos of cars. I like Mickey's car Mazda whatever.

Since I have nothing to contribute in the traditional sense I am going to post some photos of cars I took when I had an ancient 2mp camera and thought I was a genius. Don't get your hopes thinking "Alright he doesn't know about cars but he might be a good photographer", I no longer own a camera and as you can tell was never really good with one...

Hello everyone Wildlifepark22

Hello everyone Snashot-car-1

The first is what is known as an abandoned car and the second is what is known as an "old" car.

Maybe some of you would be interested in what it is like not being able to drive and if so then feel free to ask me questions. I will probably be asking you stupid inane questions about engines at some point too. In all seriousness though, I like the forum.

See you around.
Back to top Go down
asbo
asbo

Kudos : 26

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 3:43 am

welcome along.. pics aint that bad tbh

intresting sig too
Back to top Go down
silentdice
silentdice

Kudos : 107

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 3:50 am

lol deene, u iz lyke a troll, xcept u is f0 reel!

I like the second photo, looks like your hiding in the bushes Smile
Back to top Go down
tombombvw
tombombvw

Kudos : 30

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 3:53 am

welcome along! i quite like them pics
Back to top Go down
http://www.bomberaudio.co.uk
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

Kudos : 30

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 4:39 am

when did u escape?

haha, welcome dude
Back to top Go down
PINGU
Spam bot
Spam bot
PINGU

Kudos : 33

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:32 am

welcome dude , that sig made me chuckle lol
Back to top Go down
f3nrich
f3nrich

Kudos : 11

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Best sig ever
Back to top Go down
kee21
Getting Started
Getting Started

Kudos : 7

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 3:15 am

Welcome along ripperman, so you don't drive, or take pics anymore, how do you fill your time?
Back to top Go down
jacktheripper
Noob
Noob
jacktheripper

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 3:59 am

Difficult question to answer which probably means I don't do a lot but the main things include:

+ Last year of my BA in English Literature
+ Writing
+ Reading
+ Watching films
+ Walking (as in going on walks)
+ Internet

A tedious life. Maybe cars would improve it, photography definitely would if I could afford to get anything to do it with.
Back to top Go down
charnock
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
charnock

Kudos : 45

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:33 am

you have a picture of lenin for your avatar and public transport as a sig. You crazy commie.

welcome to mwm Smile

can easily get a cheap..ish old dslr of ebay maybe.

Is the lack of car thing some kind of saving the world related desission or some more realistic reason?
Back to top Go down
http://www.harrycharnock.co.uk
jacktheripper
Noob
Noob
jacktheripper

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 5:02 am

Thanks for the tip, after I graduate I may well look into how cheap cameras are now getting compared to when I was into it.

The lack of car thing, the lack of driving. Really there was no conscious effort on my part to not learn to drive other than perhaps laziness. Neither of my parents drove or owned cars growing up, though I lived in the middle of nowhere and often desperately needed lifts and had the desire to be able to drive...that never manifested itself in a financial decision to look into lessons and insurance etc

So even though people kept telling me I should learn and I could see the benefits of at least learning...never happened. It may happen in the future, it may not. Recently I have learnt a lot more about how to drive and actually how a car works and there have been moments where I've been tempted.

In short: no it's not an environmental decision. Oh and I'm not actually a communist Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MidWales Modified :: Welcome :: New Guys-
Jump to: