MidWales Modified
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MidWales Modified

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars..

Go down 
+8
GJH
kee21
Sith
evoman
silentdice
Lucasdemoley
tombombvw
asbo
12 posters
AuthorMessage
asbo
asbo

Kudos : 26

stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars.. Empty
PostSubject: stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars..   stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars.. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 1:49 am

found this on the net.. i lol'd hard!

>it’s that time of the year and I need to get my car inspected (1991 Toyota MR2 turbo)
>take it to the local pepboys because it’s close by
>walk up to the service counter tell the guy I need it inspected
>the guy asks what year mustang it is
>me …………….it’s not a mustang it’s an mr2 made by Toyota
>counter guy looks at me funny and starts to argue that it is a mustang then stops
>counter guy continues to take my information then asks for the keys so he can road test the car
>watch the guy get in the car and after about 5 minutes watch him come back in
>guy asks me why the car won’t start
>me idk thinking the worst I go back to the car with him to figure out the problem
>watch as he tries to start the car again and realize he’s not pressing the clutch pedal in
>tell him about that he finally starts the car
>then spend the next 10 minutes watching this guy obvious trying to drive a stick shift the first time around the parking lot too bad for him my car a 6 puck racing clutch which isn’t the easiest thing in the world to learn on
>guy finally gives up ask me to pull the car into the bay because he can’t
>he starts the mechanical inspection
>goes and open the front hood to check the engine
> I’m snickering pretty hard at this point
>watch as the guy sees nothing but the spare tire
>turns back to me with the most puzzled look on his face
>me told you it wasn’t a mustang
>guy some what embarrassed at this point pulls the lever for the rear trunk
>I’m trying my best to just keep from laughing now
>the guy looks in the trunk and still sees no engine
>finally just gives up puts the inspection sticker on my car
>I drive off laughing as hard as I can
Back to top Go down
tombombvw
tombombvw

Kudos : 30

PostSubject: Re: stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars..   stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars.. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 2:27 am

hahaha i was just reading this, fukin LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.bomberaudio.co.uk
asbo
asbo

PostSubject: Re: stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars..   stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars.. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 2:50 am

neighbor walks up to me
>"Hey man where are my spark plugs located?"
>"Why?"
>"A mechanic told me I need to get them replaced but I was thinking I could just repair them"
>"What.."
>"Yeah, I wanted to know where they were so I could repair them, I don't see why I would have to replace them when most stuff can be fixed
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

Kudos : 4

PostSubject: Re: stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars..   stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars.. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:29 am

The first one is so fake. Who the hell would let someone inspect their car/ take it for a test drive that has simply no idea at all about cars. I can understand someone whose never day, but not a car inspector who deals with them day in and day out. Nearly all modern cars need the clutch/ break pressed for the car to start, he must have come across that before. All bull.
Back to top Go down
silentdice
silentdice

Kudos : 107

PostSubject: Re: stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars..   stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars.. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:38 am

...I didnt know you had to press the clutch to start cars... I often do it out of habbit incase ive left it in gear and not realised. Also, 1991 MR2 ? You dont need to hold the clutch in... unless its in gear?
Back to top Go down
evoman
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
evoman

Kudos : 16

PostSubject: Re: stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars..   stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars.. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 11:07 am

I've had someone ask me where the feul tank could be, and I argued with the same guy about if alloys added hoursepower. I tryed explaining gearing and unspring weight but that was a no go.

Heard one guy on a forum flushing his engine out with water at idle becuase when he drained the oil, it was black... Ill find the thread if anyone wants.
Back to top Go down
Sith
Sith

Kudos : 56

PostSubject: Re: stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars..   stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars.. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Couple I've known people do:

Fill a mini with oil (through the carb mouth),
Top up their power steering (into the radiator).
Back to top Go down
kee21
Getting Started
Getting Started

Kudos : 7

PostSubject: Re: stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars..   stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars.. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:46 pm

LMFAO! I'm no expert but godaaaaaamn
Back to top Go down
GJH
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic

Kudos : 22

PostSubject: Re: stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars..   stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars.. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 10:46 pm

I heared of someone who went to do an oil change on their car and filled it to the brim (until it came out of the oil filler cap).
Back to top Go down
Russ
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
Russ

PostSubject: Re: stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars..   stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars.. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 11:33 pm

GJH wrote:
I heared of someone who went to do an oil change on their car and filled it to the brim (until it came out of the oil filler cap).
affraid
Back to top Go down
soc

Kudos : 2

PostSubject: Re: stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars..   stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars.. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 12:08 am

in my EARLY days! i had achinquecento sporting, they take 3.5l of oil, theres me standing there chatting away emptying a 5L bottle into her! stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars.. 7705
Back to top Go down
GJH
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic

PostSubject: Re: stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars..   stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars.. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 12:15 am

Easy mistke to do when your starting off. very easy.
Back to top Go down
silentdice
silentdice

Kudos : 107

PostSubject: Re: stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars..   stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars.. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 4:07 am

GJH wrote:

It wasnt you was it? Razz
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

PostSubject: Re: stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars..   stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars.. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 4:16 am

when i worked in lucas we had someon come in, car wouldnt start after a service, anyway, turned it over and it wouldnt move,

further inspection shows they had brimmed it to the top, turned it over to fill the filter, then filled some more, somehow managed to hydrolock the engine somehow

we drained the oil and topped back up with the correct amount, u shud have seen the thing smoke, fuck me, about 2 hours we had it idling in the yard jus burning it off, was mental at first, but then calmed down!

twats
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

PostSubject: Re: stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars..   stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars.. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 4:19 am

and the amount of people i had to show how to fit wiper blades is unreal,

men & women, something so simple, they just couldnt grasp the concept of it,

instead of just fitting it, i used to show them, to stop them getting conned by halfrauds etc, they used to tip nice Smile
Back to top Go down
asbo
asbo

PostSubject: Re: stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars..   stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars.. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 4:28 am

fuckin jeeezus!

heres another:
>talkin to some guy in a meet about modifications
>thinks his new backbox on his 1.4 honda adds about 10 bhp
>call him out on this, he wont have any of it

>see him again few weeks later, turns out he's added a K&N filter to his car
>claims that its added another 10 -12 bhp
>says he's getting the engine ported and polished and skimed
>go along with it all
>"yeah, should be runnin about 150-160 bhp then, seen someone on the forums do it"
Back to top Go down
GJH
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic

PostSubject: Re: stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars..   stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars.. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 5:02 am

silentdice wrote:
GJH wrote:

It wasnt you was it? Razz

No, normally I just put one can in Wink
Back to top Go down
Sith
Sith

Kudos : 56

PostSubject: Re: stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars..   stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars.. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 5:40 am

asbo wrote:
fuckin jeeezus!

heres another:
>talkin to some guy in a meet about modifications
>thinks his new backbox on his 1.4 honda adds about 10 bhp
>call him out on this, he wont have any of it

>see him again few weeks later, turns out he's added a K&N filter to his car
>claims that its added another 10 -12 bhp
>says he's getting the engine ported and polished and skimed
>go along with it all
>"yeah, should be runnin about 150-160 bhp then, seen someone on the forums do it"

seen this a lot... Very Happy lol!
Back to top Go down
sean
sean

PostSubject: Re: stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars..   stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 1:43 am

indeed because u never need 2 remap a car u always get the highest figure out of things i must have about 400bhp after spending £3000 on my car lol
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

PostSubject: Re: stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars..   stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 3:40 am

silentdice wrote:
...I didnt know you had to press the clutch to start cars... I often do it out of habbit incase ive left it in gear and not realised. Also, 1991 MR2 ? You dont need to hold the clutch in... unless its in gear?

On newer cars, most cars have it. So if this guy was working with cars day in day out he is likely to have come accross it. My gues would be that it was from America or something, different testing of vehicles etc.

When I first jumped in the BMW i had that needed the clutch pressed before it would start. Same thing with our Scenic, and Audi A3 from work and a couple of other cars I've driven (even when out of gear)., although it isnt required with the Volvo.
Back to top Go down
sean
sean

PostSubject: Re: stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars..   stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 6:45 am

dads subaru was the first thing id had 2 do it in
Back to top Go down
kee21
Getting Started
Getting Started

Kudos : 7

PostSubject: Re: stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars..   stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars.. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 4:34 am

Not really to do with cars, but seein as we got a nice 'FAIL' thread goin on here, I know of someone (who shall remain nameless cuz they're related to a member!) who wanted to borrow a ruler to measure milk!
Back to top Go down
asbo
asbo

PostSubject: Re: stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars..   stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars.. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 4:40 am

L.O.L W.H.A.T?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars..   stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stories about pewople who blatently know nothing about cars..
Page 1 of 1