MidWales Modified
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MidWales Modified

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts-

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
natheey24
Noob
Noob
natheey24

Kudos : 1

Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts- Empty
PostSubject: Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts-   Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts- Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:22 am

hey guys im looking for some parts for my Corsa B..

-3" Backbox

-40mm Lowering Springs

-K&n Induction Kit or a Cold Air Intake

-Genuine Vauxhall Corsa B Headlamps/Lights Pair

if you have any of these parts mail me on facebook or email me- Cheers!

Facebook - Nathan Edwards (Blue Corsa B as picture)

Email - Nathey@live.co.uk
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

Kudos : 30

PostSubject: Re: Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts-   Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts- Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:05 am

i dont have any of that, but i do have a straight thru exhaust system sat in the garage u can have for a tenner? not a proper brand system or anything, jus made up from exhaust tubing, but goes together Wink

also..air filter, dont bother, modifying the standard box is proven to be better,

take the lid of, and the filter out, theres a tube coming in frm the bottom from the cold air feed and a tube on the top of the box goin to the pipe that runs to the inlet, basically, the way they are set up is to restrict airflow slightly.so it has to do more work to travel into the engine

if u remove the two pipes, one frm the lid and one from the base,( only the inside of the airbox) the trumpet things, then airflow will be muchly improved, then slam a uprated panel filter in, and bobs ur uncle....

dont forget, when u do this, as with any air filter upgrade, disconnet the positive battery for 10 mins ( or while u work on it) this lets any current drain frm the ecu, and when the airfilter mods are done and the battery reconnected, start the car, and let it idle for a few mins, the idle will hunt around for a this time, as the ecu is resetting the parameters for the slightly more air flow and will have to adjust itself accordingly,

(reason being, the ecu is on a set map with certain paramaters, and making more airflow upsets the parameters, so disconnecting the battery is almost like swithcing the ecu off, and letting itself reset so when back on it can find the new settings, because its minor changes, its within the ecus's parameters and can adjust accordingly)

i hope that makes sense, ive got a feeling im gna read it back and its not gonna make any lol
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

PostSubject: Re: Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts-   Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts- Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:11 am

Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts- Airbox_007Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts- PICT0131Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts- Airbox_005

Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts- Airbox_004

Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts- Airbox_002

there u go, top one pushes out, and the bottom one has a plastic rivet tha needs breaking, and a lug to remove it Smile

easy and best of all....free
Back to top Go down
natheey24
Noob
Noob
natheey24

PostSubject: Re: Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts-   Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts- Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:23 am

Ah allright well ive currently got a induction kit on it but its a universal and wanted a k&n ha but il have a go at this ! ;D
will the straight thru fit my corsa? recon you could upload a pic? Smile
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

PostSubject: Re: Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts-   Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts- Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:34 am

yea it shud do, it came from a 1.4, its a decat pipe, and then a middle section with no silencer and a backbox, although the backbox dont have any mountings anymore :/ ud have to find another bbox, or use the standard one for shits n giggles, i dnt have a pic as im in north wales and the zorst is in midwales :/
Back to top Go down
natheey24
Noob
Noob
natheey24

PostSubject: Re: Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts-   Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts- Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:59 am

ah allright well what size is the backbox? would any welding be possible? ha
Back to top Go down
Sith
Sith

Kudos : 56

PostSubject: Re: Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts-   Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts- Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 6:14 pm

Crease wrote:
dont forget, when u do this, as with any air filter upgrade, disconnet the positive battery for 10 mins ( or while u work on it) this lets any current drain frm the ecu, and when the airfilter mods are done and the battery reconnected, start the car, and let it idle for a few mins, the idle will hunt around for a this time, as the ecu is resetting the parameters for the slightly more air flow and will have to adjust itself accordingly,

(reason being, the ecu is on a set map with certain paramaters, and making more airflow upsets the parameters, so disconnecting the battery is almost like swithcing the ecu off, and letting itself reset so when back on it can find the new settings, because its minor changes, its within the ecus's parameters and can adjust accordingly)

Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question

whilst you're semi right, resetting the ecu takes about 30 mins, and it only works on cars with self learning ecu's, corsa doesn't have this.
Back to top Go down
natheey24
Noob
Noob
natheey24

PostSubject: Re: Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts-   Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts- Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 7:52 pm

Anyway of me getting more suction from the induction? ha
Back to top Go down
asbo
asbo

Kudos : 26

PostSubject: Re: Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts-   Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts- Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:25 pm

go -60 or go home..
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

PostSubject: Re: Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts-   Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts- Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 2:59 am

Sith wrote:
Crease wrote:

Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question

whilst you're semi right, resetting the ecu takes about 30 mins, and it only works on cars with self learning ecu's, corsa doesn't have this.

i stand corrected, this is what ive read, picked up from various forums and ive always done it since i found out,but i know u know ur stuff man, and its better to be semi right than completly wrong..? haha
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

PostSubject: Re: Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts-   Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts- Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 3:00 am

its a 3inch i think aswell
Back to top Go down
natheey24
Noob
Noob
natheey24

PostSubject: Re: Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts-   Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts- Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 4:14 am

hmm , allright well i'l see about it, what would it need to pass mot? ;L
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts-   Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts- Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corsa B 1.2 16v Parts-
Page 1 of 1