MidWales Modified
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MidWales Modified

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

steel banding?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
soc

Kudos : 2

steel banding? Empty
PostSubject: steel banding?   steel banding? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:43 am

seen this a lot lately on a few classic cars and wondering is it a good idea? the pepper pots on the capri would look quite nice i think. is there any local companies who would do this and the cost??
Back to top Go down
OcaToro

Kudos : 9

steel banding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: steel banding?   steel banding? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 12:41 pm

it's 100-150 per wheel iirc.

i think if you google "widewheels.co.uk" they are the folk i talked to about it. it is fine so long as it's done properly and comes with a proper engineers certificate
Back to top Go down
matt_666
matt_666

Kudos : 7

steel banding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: steel banding?   steel banding? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:46 am

as above i would have thought an enginners certificate would be good knowing its been welded to a high level and not likly to leak. I looked into it a while ago and i believe you used to be able to buy wider rims without centres and have yours placed into them or cut the centres out of a wider wheel of the same diameters and then place your centres inside as in a way thats how wheels are made with the centres welded inside the rim and if this wwas done correctly and all centred and squared up correcty there would be a lot less welding involved.
Back to top Go down
OcaToro

Kudos : 9

steel banding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: steel banding?   steel banding? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:01 am

they charge the same sort of price for that matt. i also inquired about them flipping the centres so the inside part became the dish. it changes the offset and gives the impression of a wider wheel. (seen it on caddyforums with inca and caddy vans doing it)

the centres of steels are just tacked in place with spot welds normally they said... scary when you think about it!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

steel banding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: steel banding?   steel banding? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

steel banding?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MidWales Modified :: Cars :: Technical Help :: Wheels, Suspension and Tyres-
Jump to: