MidWales Modified
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MidWales Modified

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Car choice!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

Kudos : 4

Car choice!!! Empty
PostSubject: Car choice!!!   Car choice!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 2:50 am

To save spamming another thread, I get to order a new car before too long and although the list is pretty good, I need something quite big to fit the kids in (Audi TT would otherwise be an option!). I've looked at BMW 3 series tourers, Passats, Audi A4 Avant but had a test drive in a Volvo V60 and loved it, however now cant decide it I should go for standardish, or go for something abit nice, but which will cost about £60 a month.

Standard car below, probibly go for slightly better stereo (4x40w). Has 16's.

Car choice!!! 5762b-car-volvo-v60-2

The car I really want below, but is it worth £60 a month more? Has 18's, 5.1 surround sound DVD, 5x130w stereo, twin exhaust which sounds sweet, lowered ride, half leather seats and a few other neat touches.

Car choice!!! 1975027570

As its like the only chance I will ever have to have a nice car, I'm tempted to just go for it, however it is niggling me that I could run a second motor for the difference between the two.

Opinions?
Back to top Go down
PINGU
Spam bot
Spam bot
PINGU

Kudos : 33

Car choice!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car choice!!!   Car choice!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 3:17 am

fuck em , buy a drift car
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

Car choice!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car choice!!!   Car choice!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 3:39 am

Company car choice, restricted to what is on the list unfortunetly.

Getting married in July, after that might look for something depending on my level of debt!
Back to top Go down
PINGU
Spam bot
Spam bot
PINGU

Car choice!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car choice!!!   Car choice!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 8:20 pm

if its a company car then id get the audi Smile
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

Car choice!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car choice!!!   Car choice!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 7:38 pm

PINGU wrote:
if its a company car then id get the audi Smile

Yeh is quite nice but I again have to contribute like £70 a month for one of those.

Car choice!!! Car_photo_245748_7

There is an unallocate list of cars which can be picked from, tempted to get something off there for a little bit then go for the new mondeo which looks pretty dam good. Unallocated list does vary quite abit but there was a 5 series BMW on there which i deffo would have taken if it were the right time!

New Mondeo below

Car choice!!! Ford-Mondeo-2013-fotoshowImage-fc8f7a44-546777

Picking a new car shouldn't be so difficult!
Back to top Go down
PINGU
Spam bot
Spam bot
PINGU

Car choice!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car choice!!!   Car choice!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 10:53 pm

its nice but its still a ford! lol!
Back to top Go down
silentdice
silentdice

Kudos : 107

Car choice!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car choice!!!   Car choice!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 7:54 am

For £60 more, the only thing I can see that would really be of much use is that its slightly lowered making it more fun to drive...

Go for the basic one, save the £60 a month, and after a year you've got enough to buy an old MX5 Razz
Back to top Go down
asbo
asbo

Kudos : 26

Car choice!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car choice!!!   Car choice!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:33 am

all fugly cars,
especially the mondeo..
buy the 3 series
Back to top Go down
PINGU
Spam bot
Spam bot
PINGU

Car choice!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car choice!!!   Car choice!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 6:35 am

shut up you ^^^^ get the audi Cool
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

Car choice!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car choice!!!   Car choice!!! Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:32 pm

silentdice wrote:
For £60 more, the only thing I can see that would really be of much use is that its slightly lowered making it more fun to drive...

Go for the basic one, save the £60 a month, and after a year you've got enough to buy an old MX5 Razz

For the £60 it has better steering, 18"'s not 16"s, the best audio system with satnav, basicly quite well specced up! Still need to negotiate with a direct though to get it.

What are people's opinions on this?

Car choice!!! 2013-Volvo-V40-2

Waiting for one of these on test drive, nearly 180bhp, just need to see if I can get the kids to fit lol!
Back to top Go down
silentdice
silentdice

Car choice!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car choice!!!   Car choice!!! Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 4:28 am

[quote="Lucasdemoley"]
silentdice wrote:

For the £60 it has better steering, 18"'s not 16"s, the best audio system with satnav, basicly quite well specced up!

This is what I mean though, personally, the size of wheels doesn't effect me, sat nav is cool, but for two months of not paying £60 you could buy a tom tom.

That's just my opinion though - I'm tight with money, and I'm more about having fun than looking good if you get me.
Back to top Go down
PINGU
Spam bot
Spam bot
PINGU

Car choice!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car choice!!!   Car choice!!! Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 8:44 am

that looks like a posh punto to me! not really a volvo fan tbh , thats just me tho
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

Car choice!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car choice!!!   Car choice!!! Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 9:10 am

[quote="silentdice"]
Lucasdemoley wrote:
silentdice wrote:

For the £60 it has better steering, 18"'s not 16"s, the best audio system with satnav, basicly quite well specced up!

This is what I mean though, personally, the size of wheels doesn't effect me, sat nav is cool, but for two months of not paying £60 you could buy a tom tom.

That's just my opinion though - I'm tight with money, and I'm more about having fun than looking good if you get me.

Fair point, just having driven it, and not having had a decent car for a while, having something with a great sound system and a tidy exhaust is just really tempting!

It shouldn't be this tough!!!
Back to top Go down
silentdice
silentdice

Car choice!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car choice!!!   Car choice!!! Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 9:42 am

haha, you've got too much choice!

And you know what... if you can afford the extra money, then fuck it, if it'll make your commute more enjoyable, go for the best car you can get your hands on. I'm currently struggling a bit, so it makes me a tight as fuck with money - which is why my car isn't being looked after as well as it should lol.
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

Car choice!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car choice!!!   Car choice!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 12:03 am

Well, not really saying I can afford it lol, need to find about £10K for the wedding in exacly 2 months so starting to panick! Just thinking hopefully I'll have sorted the position by the time the car ( whatever it turns out to be!) arrives!!!

But yeh exacly what you said, when am I ever likely to be in a position to order myself a new car? Never really bar now, so thats why I'm so tempted to just go for it! Plus it doesnt help that there is a guy next to me who contributes £100 a month for his car!
Back to top Go down
silentdice
silentdice

Car choice!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car choice!!!   Car choice!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 6:22 am

Have you been out in some test drives?
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

Car choice!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car choice!!!   Car choice!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 9:07 am

Yes, I had the v60 and really loved it, the sound was pretty good, v comfy.

I've driven the 3 series tourer and a 3 series coupe and they are both nice but quite small on the inside. Deffiently sportier but more uncomfy than the volvo. With a new shape tourer comming out soon I'd be stuck having the older version (have to order before new one is available) which would just be annoying!

I've driven the Audi A3 sportback and its pretty cool but too small for the kids to fit in.

If it wasnt for having kids there are Audi TT's on the list, but hey ho dam kids!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Car choice!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car choice!!!   Car choice!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Car choice!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MidWales Modified :: Non Cars :: General Chat-
Jump to: