MidWales Modified
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MidWales Modified

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Fiesta (Sigh)

Go down 
+7
charnock
silentdice
asbo
WSA
evoman
Lucasdemoley
Crease
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

Kudos : 30

The Fiesta (Sigh) Empty
PostSubject: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 11:54 pm

The Fiesta (Sigh) CD9u9QWkKGrHqZmIEz82yb1yBNQVIjMJm_12

The Fiesta (Sigh) CD9tcgWkKGrHqRhYE0e35PrTFBNQVIczUUg_12

The Fiesta (Sigh) CD9q7gBmkKGrHqVh8E0FEELDNgBNQVIQV0gg_12

The Fiesta (Sigh) CD93QB2kKGrHqRh4E0Eje2ywiBNQVJJQ4Jw_12

Mot and Tax, s/h, electric windows, new sills, new tyres, new cd player n speakers, sunroof

all in all, less than ud think Wink

and suprisingly, spent all night las night looking at cheapo cars and their respective insurance quotes, this was the cheapest!

Last edited by Crease on Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

Kudos : 4

The Fiesta (Sigh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 2:45 am

Wheheyyyyy!!!!

This is exacly the car i used to have, so any questions just ask!

Also have a shed load of bits still so if you are thinking of modding it (or even just want some standard bits) just ask........!!!

You should have a look at the insurance increase for a 2.0 conversion if you ever felt like it, my insurance only went up a tiny bit for the conversion, like £50 and that ws mostly due to change in details. 2.0 mondeo si is like group 8, fiesta si is group 8, hence the very small premium increase.
Back to top Go down
evoman
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
evoman

Kudos : 16

The Fiesta (Sigh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 4:44 am

Sweet! were you not going to buy a polo off WSA??
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

The Fiesta (Sigh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 5:27 am

yea, but wudnt have been able to get it as soon as he wanted, like this car, i have to wait till 2 weeks till i can get it Sad

i did tell him to sell it on
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

The Fiesta (Sigh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 5:28 am

these are just ebay pics, ill get more when i get it!
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

The Fiesta (Sigh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 5:37 am

How much did you pick it up for, if you dont mind me asking.

If you take a look at my original project thread you will see what you can actualy do with one of these, basicly a hell of alot!
Back to top Go down
WSA
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
WSA

Kudos : 24

The Fiesta (Sigh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 6:00 am

nice buy fella, that polo went and broke down before it could even leave! fuel pump packed in! still gone though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wsamotors.com
evoman
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
evoman

The Fiesta (Sigh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 6:57 am

whats your plans for that polo?
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

The Fiesta (Sigh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 7:02 am

yea, so the polo got sold in the end then, glad to hear, also good to kno i didnt buy it if it was fucked Razz

the fez cost less than 300, thats all im saying!!

as far as mods go, i wanna get it lowered, not slammed but a bit closer to the centre of the earth, set of nice rims,zorst nd induction and maybe tints

then in the distant future engine work maybe
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

The Fiesta (Sigh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 7:04 am

also lucas....im not a massive fan of ur old 1 lol, i member the thread off another well known but now dead forum, didnt like the styling or general concept of it

can still appreciate the work tha went into it
Back to top Go down
evoman
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
evoman

The Fiesta (Sigh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:24 am

dead forum? :O bont goch classic car website now!
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

The Fiesta (Sigh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:17 am

evoman wrote:

much apologies, i never knew Sad sorrryyy
Back to top Go down
evoman
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
evoman

The Fiesta (Sigh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:19 am

get posting on it Razz
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

The Fiesta (Sigh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:29 am

Lol, yeh 'concept'! I used it as a base for learning, which I did alot of whilst wprking on it. I guess I could have just kept it standard and cleaned it, but thats boring and you dont learn nout from that. Nothing was done to please other people, I mean, I took a screwdriver to the bonnet at Shakespears County, and the car was 5 different colurs. I was also in the process of fitting scooby lights because I was interested to see how difficult it would be to do it, not to really imrpove its styling. ON the day it died I spent over £50 on duck tape so I could cover the car in it for a car show, not sure many others would do that to their main pride and joy.

As per lowering, only go 20mm (its already standard lowered 15mm). I went for a 60mm drop and it gave me nothing but issues. For induction, spend the money on a decent kit. I went through quite a few different cheaper options and it was not worth the hastle. Cheap cat-back exhaust can be picked up for like £50 on the fiesta forums and sound pretty good. Named brands will sound a little better and offer a tiny bit extra bhp, but on a sub £300 car its just not worth it.

As per engine mods, as I said, deffo look at the 2.0 engine transplant and give it a go yourself, very easy to do. Monis spend on anyhting like cams etc are just wasted, as you could do the 2.0 conversion for sub £200.

Only other thing I would suggest is fitting cosworth breaks. There is the option of ST brakes as well I think, have a look on fiesta forums and you will find the info. Standard SI breaks are wank, I always had issues with mine overheating, a drive from my house to Aberaeron (like 7 mins) would have them glowing red. I upgraded to cosworth brakes (maybe that is also part of the 'concept' you didnt like) and it made a real difference.
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

The Fiesta (Sigh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:37 am

^^^^ Just remembered, other than the 2.0 engin conversion, you can install a focus inlet manifold. This is said to offer around 15bhp extra on a 2.0 conversion, so you should see good gains even on a 1.6. So for lime £20 you could see more bhp extra than you would from an exhaust upgrade.
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

The Fiesta (Sigh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:43 am

ah there we are then, thanks for the info, ill keep it in mind man, im sure i have my old H&R 40mm springs in my mums garage from my mk3.5 aswell, i know its only the struts that r diff suspension wise so might try them if i can find em

good to hear zorst r cheap, may jus get a bbox to make it look at bit better aye!!

eventually, the 2.0 sounds decent, have u got stuff for it?
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

The Fiesta (Sigh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 10:04 am

i have a 2.0 engine, but no ancillaries etc. The engine suffered a catastrofic hg failure, not sure if the engine was damaged, it didnt overheat but alot of water made its way into the engine. the head is off but basicly, you could have it foc if you wanted it. if it was ok all you would then need is basic maintainance stuff e.g oil etc, and the right 2.0 ecu. i think thats most of what you need. there is a big thread on ft.com aout the conversion.

Ive sold most of the good bits, but still have some cheapo recaros for sale!

Personaly i would go low on nice 15;s, fit rst skirts n arches, a tidy 3 inch rolled exhauset, some larger brakes and then the 2.0 engine conversion.
Back to top Go down
asbo
asbo

Kudos : 26

The Fiesta (Sigh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:10 am

cossie wheels.. dropage.. spaced and streched
Back to top Go down
WSA
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
WSA

Kudos : 24

The Fiesta (Sigh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:31 am

im pretty sure crease that if you learn by all of lukes mistakes then you should end up with a tidy car, got a load of backboxes at mine that can be made to fit you could have one for cheap too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wsamotors.com
silentdice
silentdice

Kudos : 107

The Fiesta (Sigh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 12:14 pm

You're not seriously gonna spend money on this are you?

Whats with the over inflated bumpers?
Back to top Go down
charnock
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
charnock

Kudos : 45

The Fiesta (Sigh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 12:21 pm

evoman wrote:
lmfao

might make it something ellse soon or put the naked woman forum banner back up, might make a few of you deserting m***erf***ing rats look twice

fezza looks alright man, can see a fair bit of potential in that Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.harrycharnock.co.uk
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

The Fiesta (Sigh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 7:08 pm

mmm, somegood ideas getting thrown about here Smile

i like the sound of the rolled pipe, i agree they look smart, but i have the powerflow zorst form my mk2 golf in the garage, may just botch that on, and see if i can make a bracket for just before where the zosrt goes over the back axle

cossie rims sound immense, but id get thecheaper mondeo ones, but id really like a set of them softstar style ones?? know what im on about?

rs tubby kit? im sure thats the same as the xr2i kit but with a vented bonnet?
ive got a full xr2i kit in my mams, frnt n rea bumpers, sills, arches and jacking points Razz but tbh i quite like the shape of the si,

how much is cheap for the recaros? and may have whatever parts u have left of the 2.0 so i can start building an engine slowly, but do it pwopa Cool haha
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

The Fiesta (Sigh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 7:36 pm

I would take £30 for the seats just to get rid. Condition is ok.

RS skirts are the same as xr2i ones and look good with the SI kit. Check out www.fiesta-si.com for ideas.
Back to top Go down
asbo
asbo

Kudos : 26

The Fiesta (Sigh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 6:07 am

save and get cossie rims u bum.. the mondeo ones look plain as shit

si kit looks more modern and up to date than the rs / xr kit imo
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

The Fiesta (Sigh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 7:22 am

Yeh, but the SI kit doesnt have any arch extensions, hence using the Xr2i ones, which work with the kit well. Clean and low is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Fiesta (Sigh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Fiesta (Sigh)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next