MidWales Modified
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MidWales Modified

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Fiesta (Sigh)

Go down 
+7
charnock
silentdice
asbo
WSA
evoman
Lucasdemoley
Crease
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
asbo
asbo

Kudos : 26

The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 7:50 am

Lucasdemoley wrote:
Clean and low is the way to go.

100% agree'd

maybe with just the arches and side skirts it could work tbh
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

Kudos : 30

PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 8:29 am

yeah im torn between the 2i and the si bumpers but the si are a bit more modern tbh, ill see if i can pick the kit up when i come down next weekend init,

then i can do trial fits

also, im undecided on rimmage, its not going to be for a while yet, but i want an idea of what i want it to look like,

the rims i want have a slight dish, and have 5 spokes, like rounded spokes? fuck knows

all i know is im dead exited to have a car agen! feels like ages,

gonna be wierd jumping into a quick car after not driving for so long, last time i had a 1.6 i almost killed myself :/
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

Kudos : 4

PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 8:55 am

I'n standard trim it aint really that fast, with the 2.0 conversion it was on par/ a little faster than the gti's n stuff.

Something I really liked the look of was a mk5 zetec S rear bumper with a smoothed tailgate (I think I have a spare crap tailgate if you want something to pracice on). So many different ford bits you can nick to make fit!!!
Back to top Go down
asbo
asbo

PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 9:12 am

The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 08092008491800x600

The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 1234525508_ben_stiller_-_do_it
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 9:13 am

haha, simon, side shots please
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 6:26 pm

well collected this last night from porthmadog, about 45 mins away from mine, turned up and was lead down a dark alley, tbh i thought he was an mx5 driver, he had a bit of a funny haircut too =P

anyways, pulled up, had a look around, started up first time, and idled well,

checked for mayo round the cap, none whatsoever Smile

checked water...ummm what water...lol

switched it off, had a look round, all seems good, few little rust spots here and there but by the looks of it, sills have been done pretty recently, annd a new exhaust too Smile four brand new tyres on the rims, ideal!!

done the deal, and idled it to the garage round the corner, where i put fuel in and topped it up with water, waited for 10mins with it running to make sure everything was alright before setting off!!

as it turns out, it was, so i bought some water JUST in case, and set off!!

now considering its been sat for around 4 months, it drove pretty well, didnt pull as much i thought for a 1600 but still it wasnt the worst

brakes seemed like they are sticking, as theres a grinding noise coming from the wheels

theres a bit of what i can only describe as juddering, when i brake hard, or going at slow speeds on a bumpy road, feels like it coud be a dead engine mount, making the zorst knock, misalligned exhaust so its hitting the underbody, or bushes, maybe bottom arms, arb or something?

and the tracking needs doing, but altogether its an alright little car, considering i payed under 300 for it, im well happy!!

more pics and maintaincance updates soon!
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 6:33 pm

oh yea, i won these last week on ebay for 20quid, not the alloys i want, but alloys non the less!!

going to respray them up, but dont know what colour,

The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 CE1Pu9wBWkKGrHqRjIE0GvHyyFwBNTI9lbVWw_12

and i forgot to say in the post above, i have a waterleak somewhere, there is a pipe with water marks, so gna check that!
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 4:31 am

been to work in this today, did a fair bit of driving,

worked out my list to do

new brakes (pads n discs)

remount the zorst properly, as its catching the front subframe, and causing a massive ratting thru the steering :/

tracking

boot lock needs sorting as its tempermantal

and new waterpump, maybe if kseal dont fix it!!

will let u know updates as they come, ill be collecting the 2i arches and skirts when i come down next weekend and fit em Smile
Back to top Go down
asbo
asbo

PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 4:33 am

ace
was gunna say from ur description new brakes would be a idea
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 7:51 am

Yea, ive been drivin it around a fair bit and the grinding noise has stopped, so im guessing the calipers had seiezed, im gonna replace
Pads and discsnanyway just for peace of mind, so ill give em a once over while im there! So im glad thats that problem easily sorted, just thewater pump to do.
Oh... And the fan dont work either lol, gets hot while in traffic lol
Back to top Go down
Russ
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
Russ

PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 8:50 am

Ford water pumps are renowned to fail in the bearing. starts off as a drip, then one day it'll just let go.
Get it done crease. my mate jack had the same problem on the way to Devon for his holiday last year
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 11:01 am

There we go then, i put kseal in it tonight lol, will see if i can get it done sometime next week en aye, cheers for the infoo lad!
Back to top Go down
Russ
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
Russ

PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 5:08 am

no worries mate Smile
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 7:48 am

About the calipers, deffo look at upgrading them. If your having to replace parts anyway, it will onyl be a small extra cost for very decent stopping power.
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 8:07 am

nah, fuck it, bigger calipers means bigger discs, and bigger pads, and even more doshans that i havnt got :/

25quid all in for a pair of discs and set of pads will do me fine LOL
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 10:43 pm

Yeh, still all standard stuff though. You are just using mondeo disks/ pads thats all. For abour £70 or so you could have a 270mm or something like that setup.
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 4:03 am

waheyy, went to change the brakes today, and they dont need doing Very Happy

must have just been a bit siezed on, but the discs and pads that are on it are like new Smile

can take my new brakes i bought back now!!

i decided to have a go at the zorst aswell, seeing as its a whole new system, all the clamps where easy to undo and a little twist saw things right again!

no more bloody banging on acceleration, braking, bumps etc lol

i also took the slack up on the throttle cable, was looser than a clowns pocket, now response in nice n crisp Smile

all in all im chuffed, bodyworks a bit ming, few rust patches, dents,dings n scrapes, but may have something to sort that in the pipeline Wink

also, took the wipers off and sprayed em up satin black as they had gone all faded

i promise i will get new pics up soon!!
Back to top Go down
asbo
asbo

PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 10:46 am

better had do!
sat there waitin for pics in the gaps in your posts!

whats this secret u got for the body then
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 11:35 am

not really a secret, just thought about matt blacking it, or matt white, rattle can jobbie?

just a thought tho
Back to top Go down
Lucasdemoley
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 8:06 pm

Brakes would have been rust on the disks from sitting around, hence a few miles driving sorted it.
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 8:16 pm

yeah i guessed the discs would have been rusty, but it was the grinding noise coming from them, thats why i thought the pads/discs were low, as it turns out it must have just been a sticky caliper
Back to top Go down
asbo
asbo

PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 2:20 am

matt black...YAWWWWWWNNNN

inb4 "your car is matt black"
Back to top Go down
fatdan1234
Getting Started
Getting Started
fatdan1234

Kudos : -3

PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 2:26 am

i got a full rs bodykit if u interested but u need standard or xr2 bumpers
Back to top Go down
Crease
Over Enthusiastic
Over Enthusiastic
Crease

PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 4:15 am

As promised some pics

The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 59f6fd66

The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 28d84e3a

The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 8a5994a5

Jus a few i took on iphone while washin it, the bodyworks absolutly battered man Sad scrapes scuffs and dents everywhere!

Also dan, ive got a full kit sat at my mums house! Just need to get it wen i cum dwn at te wkend
Back to top Go down
fatdan1234
Getting Started
Getting Started
fatdan1234

Kudos : -3

PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 4:28 am

yh these are splitters that blot on to xr2 or standard bumpers of my mk3 xrv van i had got both splitters sideskirts and spolier
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fiesta (Sigh)   The Fiesta (Sigh) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Fiesta (Sigh)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next